Drought Emergency Declared in 33 Alabama Counties | Environment
MONTGOMERY – Governor Robert Bentley and Agriculture Commissioner John McMillan announced Friday that farmers in nearly half of Alabama’s counties will be eligible for low-interest federal loans as a result of a drought emergency declaration by U.S. Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack.“While much of the state has received rain this week, it is not enough to eliminate the severe and extreme...
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest